▲851 | reblog
Pan-Fried “Cheeseburger” Wraps (Vegan):
Anyone ever try to tell you that vegans are missing out sans the joys of meat and cheese? I know I have. Well, I have the perfect counter argument for all those skeptics, in the form of this recipe. I made these “cheeseburger” wraps for my me and my boyfriend last night, and after our first bite we looked at each other in an unspoken agreement that it was going to be a great meal from that point on. To make them even better, they’re unbelievably easy to make.
I got the inspiration for this recipe here, but the beauty of of these wraps is that they are totally customizable to your preference of cheeseburger toppings. This is my version:
- 1 package vegan ground meat substitute, (I used Lightlife Smart Ground) Note: Depending how many wraps you make, you will most likely have leftovers
- 1/2 of a large Onion, finely chopped
- White Tortilla Wraps
- Dairy-Free Cheese (I used Daiya Cheddar Shreds)
- Sriracha Mayo (A few tablespoons of vegan mayonaise mixed with desired amount of Sriracha)
- Tomato Slices
- Avocado Slices
- Lettuce or Spring Mix
- Cook onions in a pan on medium heat with some oil until caramelized, then add the ground meat substitute, heat until fully warmed.
- Heat up wraps in the microwave for 20 seconds to make them more pliable.
- Make the Sriracha mayo and spread desired amount on each wrap. Begin assembling the ingredients, my order was cheese, tomato, lettuce, avocado, then the vegan meat & onion mixture.
- Fold the wrap like a burrito so everything is completely enclosed.
- Heat up some more oil in the same pan on medium-high heat and place in the wrap, allow each side to become crispy and golden brown by flipping once. Continue Steps 4-6 for each wrap.
- Transfer the wraps onto plates and slice in half. Serve with a simple salad and some homemade french fries.
Not exactly pizza but fuck you.